There is no denying that this classic Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany’s inspired look must be one of the most popular, most copied and most famous looks in film history. I recently did a similar Audrey Hepburn look but that was my adapted outfit of the day look, so this time I am going to show you my more authentic Holly Golightly look from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Pin for Later >>
Instead of going on about the look, I thought I would tell you some interesting facts about the film:
- Holly Golightly wears the same dresses all the way through the movie, simply changing the accessories to give each outfit a different look. Her black shift dress features through the movie at least four times.
- About nine cats were used throughout the film as the role of Cat.
- Audrey Hepburn’s salary for the film was $750,000, making her the highest paid actress per film at the time.
- Tiffany’s opened its doors on a Sunday for the first time since the 19th century so that filming could take place inside the store.
- Holly’s whistle when she hails a cab for Paul was actually dubbed in.Audrey Hepburn attempted to learn how to whistle with two fingers, but could never produce the desired sound.
- Audrey Hepburn felt that she was miscast as Holly Golightly, but it became one of her most popular roles.
- Although not visible on camera, hundreds of onlookers watched Audrey Hepburn’s window-shopping scene at the start of the film. This made her nervous and she kept making mistakes. It wasn’t until a crew member nearly got electrocuted behind the camera that she pulled herself together and finished the scene.
- Sunglasses – Roberto Cavalli
- Dress – Calliope
- Pearls – Pompadour
- Shoes – TK Maxx
- Lipstick – Revlon Pink in the Afternoon (<<the actual lipstick worn in the film)
- (And the cigarette holder is actually a make-up brush!)
Check out my review on the lipstick 💄 she wears in the film here: