The Best Places to Shop Vintage Fashion

Have you ever dreamed of being transported back to a previous era just to experience the fashion and make-up of that time? Today we’re looking at the best places to shop vintage fashion that you’ll love. I’ve put together a variety of stylish vintage pieces from top designers of the past to showcase some of the best loved fashion trends from the 20th century.

Pin for Later >> shop vintage fashion

The Best Places to Shop Vintage Fashion

I love vintage fashion but it’s not always easy to find decent vintage clothing and accessories. I have a fair few pieces of genuine vintage in my wardrobe and they all tell different style stories. From embellished brooches to glamorous dress gloves, I love to add a little piece of vintage to a modern, on-trend look to differentiate my outfits while maintaining my preferred dress style. As you will probably know, I am a keen advocate for buying less but buying better and I encourage you (as my readers and clients) to revamp the clothing that you already own. Not all vintage fashion pieces comply with my ethical style choices because of the materials from which they’re made. However, the idea behind buying vintage items and reusing pre-owned clothing and accessories is shopping behaviour that I strongly support! Of course, you need to know what you’re looking for. Entering a vintage store for the first time is like entering into a new realm! Everything is so interesting and unique. Just try not to let temptation force you into buying everything in sight! Read my tips on successfully choosing vintage fashion here.

What is Vintage Fashion?

Vintage fashion is the general term used to refer to fashion items from a previous era. When we talk about a “vintage” garment, we could be referring to a 90s Calvin Klein slip dress or a 1920s pair of Mary Janes. A vintage clothing store is not too different from the humble “second hand shop” – it sells pre-worn items from a previous era. Vintage is not to be confused with retro, which is another term commonly used to refer to all kinds of items (not just fashion), usually dating back 20 years or so. Vintage fashion is used to describe items that existed, were used and have been saved from a previous era. Retro products are things that have been made to look as though they existed during a particular decade.

SHOP VINTAGE FASHION: Genuine Vintage Designer Pieces

[shopr collection=”vintage”]

SHOP NEW VINTAGE FASHION

LeMaitre Design is a modern day vintage fashion design company, designing clothing inspired by the 1940s and 1950s. Read the interview with the designer behind LeMaitre here.

[shopr collection=”lemaitre”]

More Vintage Style Resources

Become a member of Online Personal Stylist now.

14 Comments

1. April 17, 2018 / 8:38 pm

I absolutely love vintage fashion! I like looking in antique shops because sometimes you can score an awesome find!

• Online Personal Stylist
      April 21, 2018 / 8:33 pm

Definitely. I am the same. There are so many great things to discover that have interesting stories behind them too. Plus, it’s a great way of finding something more unique that everybody isn’t going to own 🙂

2. April 17, 2018 / 11:34 pm

I have a real love for op-shops! Sometimes you walk out empty handed, other times you can find the best little vintage (or not!) piece! Ethically, I also like the fact that I’m giving those pieces a second life in this replacement society we live in! ❤️

• Online Personal Stylist
      April 21, 2018 / 8:31 pm

Completely agree! Thrift shops are perfect for finding exciting, unique little pieces and it feels more guilt-free than normal shopping too 🙂

3. April 18, 2018 / 12:53 am

That Chanel Tweed Dress and Quilted Box Bag are so cute! I support the idea of re-using pre-owned clothes, too.

Shirin | http://www.queenshirin.com

• Online Personal Stylist
      April 21, 2018 / 8:30 pm

Thank you. Me too. I don’t believe that there should be a stigma to wearing pre-owned clothes. In this case, you can see just how stylish and wonderful many pre-owned garments are.

4. April 18, 2018 / 3:02 am

I love vintage because the quality is way more superior than anything we can find in regular stores.

• Online Personal Stylist
      April 21, 2018 / 8:28 pm

Indeed it is. It reinstates my belief of “buying less, but buying better!”

5. karen
    April 18, 2018 / 4:15 pm

love the recommendations! There are so many cute vintage pieces out there.

• Online Personal Stylist
      April 21, 2018 / 8:27 pm

Thank you 🙂 I completely agree, you never know what you might find when shopping vintage!

6. April 18, 2018 / 5:24 pm

I am a HUGE Vintage shopper. I always find the best most unique things when shopping vintage!

• Online Personal Stylist